Thinking about upgrading your bar’s POS system? Talus Pay’s POS inventory control and bar management capabilities will make your happy hours even happier — and much easier to manage.
If you’re opening a brand-new pub or restaurant — or even if you are looking to improve an already established bar — finding a POS system with the features you need is critical.
In the book “Start Your Own Bar and Club,” R.C. Colvin, a bar owner in Niles, Michigan, says, “In the bar business, it’s even more important to stay on top of your accounting and hold people responsible. You’ve got to have a liquor-monitoring program, and you have to be on top of your product.”
Benefits Of Having An Upgraded Inventory System
There are some key ways an upgraded inventory control system designed specifically for alcohol management can help keep things in check at your establishment. They include:
- Keeping drinks flowing. The right point of sale system can reduce your risk of running out of stock and increase repeat business. Forecasting which products you’ll need for your customers’ favorite drinks helps you prevent shortages and ensures guests have a consistently great experience at your bar.
- Planning better for bulk orders. Don’t wait until a product runs out to order more. Understand your inventory flow, so you can purchase in bulk to reduce purchasing and shipping costs.
- Reducing waste. It’s inevitable that spills and free drinks for your best customers will create a little loss in inventory. But with a precise tracking tool, you can keep an eye on product inventory without forcing employees to log every drop. You can also see loss trends and make necessary changes to clean up wasteful practices.
- Boosting profits. Real-time data about inventory helps you uncover beverage trends and better forecast what to order and what to discontinue. You can also learn how to price drinks, so you get the most bang for your buck.
What To Look For In A POS System
There are a lot of POS systems on the market, and shopping for a new one can be overwhelming. Your best strategy is to take your own inventory of what your bar needs to be successful and figure out what unique information you need to know.
Think about how you can control inventory, orders, payment processing and staff management in a more efficient and effective way. Then, talk to vendors about your wish list and the questions you have. Some of the feature categories you might want to consider are:
- Handling customer tabs
- Tracking pours and products
- Pricing happy hour drinks and other specials
- Tracking payroll and tips
- Staff tracking and permissions
The best bar POS systems put these features right at your fingertips, so you can do everything faster in one simple-to-use system.
How Talus Pay POS Can Help You Manage Alcohol Inventory Easily
The folks at Talus Pay understand that one size does not fit all when it comes to running a restaurant or bar. Every establishment and staff are unique, which is why we designed a customizable system with a robust inventory control that makes Talus Pay POS a house favorite.
Here are just a few of the features that make our POS stand out as one of the best point of sale tools for any industry that serves food and beverages.
- Fast and precise inventory management. Import, adjust and manage thousands of item SKUs, plus use advanced search options to find inventory items faster. Make happy hour a breeze by creating specialty items that can be restricted to certain times of day.
- Customizable recipes and ingredient tracking. Configure custom drink ingredients and quickly navigate through a wide range of beverage menus to locate what you need. Recipes are automatically linked to inventory control to easily manage alcohol portions and track exact amounts of alcohol poured per drink.
- Smooth bar tab handling. Manage hundreds of tabs at once and process them in seconds. Flexible ticket printing options, tableside ordering and simple check splitting make a busy bar easier for your staff to manage.
- Simpler staff coordination. Employee permissions are controlled by an employee PIN for extra security. Create customized permissions that are specified by job role. Make staff scheduling clearer and more accessible by quickly emailing weekly shifts to employees to eliminate the need of employees calling in for their weekly schedule. With a click, send the staff their schedules and improve efficiency and communication.
- Helpful alerts. Get notified when you’re running low on inventory, so you can respond faster. Add a newsflash feature that alerts employees at clock-in about special promotions, contests and even fellow employee birthdays. Keep everyone on same page with a single interaction.
- Loyalty programs. Integrated loyalty programs make it easy to reward customers for being regulars. You can offer loyalty credits for purchases, writing reviews, referrals and more.
- Virtual office features on any device. Make life easy for owners and managers — virtual office features let you keep an eye on your business when you can’t be there in person, anytime and from anywhere.
- Easy to upgrade and free add-ons. Upgrading and implementing Talus Pay POS is simple, even if you’re not tech savvy. And customization is always included at no extra cost.
Your unique needs are the most important factors in choosing a POS system for your bar or restaurant. Consider what you need right now and which features will help prepare for future expansion. Then, talk to the experts at Talus Pay about how we can customize your Talus Pay POS to check off every item on your wish list.